MacBook Pro Won't Boot, Beeps?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Raymo83, May 7, 2012.

1. Raymo83 macrumors newbie

Took a video to let you see what happens

I have been having issues with the machine freezing a lot recently, it randonmly happens for no reason. I have done some research about about this and think I narrowed it down to a broken HDD. After running a S.M.A.R.T test it shows 5 broken sectors.

Anyway I booted the machine today as soon as the desktop popped up the machine froze and I had to hard reset. After doing that I am now left with problem above.

Any ideas?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

could be bad RAM, bad hard drive or logic board

3. Raymo83 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Interesting S.O.S beep sequence. I'd get to an Apple authorized repair shop printo.

5. Raymo83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed by using the Firmware Restore CD. Checking the ram now using Rember. Hopefully the memory will be fine and its the HDD. Awaiting a new SSD arriving this week that should fix it!

6. Raymo83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just an update on this....

I have now got the machine back up and running with the new Crucial M4 SSD and all seems so far (touch wood). The machine is a hell of a lot quicker too on boot up and installing software etc.

I have since ran Tech Tools and checked the entire system, so looks like it was the HDD after all.

7. zyr123 macrumors 6502

brings back bad memories

probably your logic is dying.

this is why u should always get apple care. if not i hope u have 750 $ to spare.

good luck