Macbook Pro won't boot into OS X first

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alex.purple.mac, Dec 24, 2010.

1. alex.purple.mac macrumors member

When I boot up my macbook pro, it tries to boot into windows first rather than OS X. However, I haven't actually installed boot camp. I tried to earlier today but when it came to formatting the drive it failed, so I canned it and made the drive back into one whole partition. However whenever I boot it comes up with the black screen and white writing that says something about inserting the removable media (I'm guessing this is the XP disc.)

I've checked on disk utility but the HD is one whole OSX partition, and also when I boot up and press command the only thing that comes up is the Macintosh HD.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

In System Preferences you can set the Start Up Disk

You may want to run Boot Camp Assistant again to delete your partition if anything is left

3. alex.purple.mac thread starter macrumors member

I opened boot camp before and deleted the partition before, after the failed install. I tried again now and there is nothing there to delete. I went into start up disc and there was nothing to click on or rearrange to change the order of starting up. The only options were the Mac HD and some network option but they were already in the right order and the Mac one selected.

Oh and Merry Christmas!