Macbook Pro won't boot past login

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ambreaux405, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ambreaux405 macrumors newbie

Hey experts -
    I have a macbook pro I am trying to use. It hasn't been used in a long time.
    It's from 2011....
    But I have used it in the last year because it's running the sierra beta I think.
    When I turn it on, it asks for my password. I enter it and it shows a loading bar.
    And then a box pops up asking for accountsd wants to use the "login" keychain.
    It won't load past this and I have tried every password I can think of and it doesn't accept any of them.
    So I am stuck on a grey screen with a loading bar three quarters of the way loaded and a pop up that won't go away because I don't know the password.
    What are my options??

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

Clicking cancel (possibly many times) will get you past this point. Then you need to reset the login keychain using these instructions.

3. ambreaux405 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't click cancel. There is no mouse cursor when the box pops up. I can't click anything.

4. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

Try hitting Esc then? If not try booting into safe mode (holding shift) and try again.

5. ambreaux405 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooo nevermind. For some reason now a mouse cursor has appeared and I was able to click cancel a million times