Macbook Pro won't charge, plus warped case issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GrannySmiths, Sep 4, 2011.

1. GrannySmiths macrumors newbie

Ok first question.

I have a 13" Macbook Pro, it's just over a year old maybe. Since I've had it I've purchased 3 chargers for it because they all seem to just stop working. I live a distance from the Apple store so I end up going to PC world and purchasing a brand new charger each time.

The last time it happened was about 1 month ago. I left the MBP on the shelf and was using my iMac for a while.

I recently purchased the new MacBook Air for university so I decided to use the charger to charge my MBP. The MBP was totally dead on battery. It's currently on charge right now. The light on the charger is showing green ... but the laptop won't turn on.

Is there any type of hard reset I can do? It was working fine before the charger stopped working.

Second question.

The top lid on the MPB is warped and it stops it from closing properly. It wont stay closed because the magnet can't connect. I *think* my brother dropped it on the train, although there is no marks of it being dropped. I am willing to accept responsibility for it though to save any hassle.

If I took it into the Apple store, is there any chance of them refusing to sort the power issue because of it possibly being dropped? Are they likely to blame that on the power issue? The warped case happened about 3 months after I got it, so there is no issue of that being the problem.

I would hate to have to fork out a shed load of cash to get it fixed considering I've spent thousands in the Apple store as a business customer.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Young Spade, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011

Young Spade macrumors 68020

It seems like you can answer almost all of those questions answered by simply taking the mac to an Apple store and asking them yourself. The worst they can say is no, in the best case scenario, They fix it for you for free. If they don't, then you can just see how much it is right there and decide for yourself if you want to fix the problem.