Macbook Pro won't close

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 7031, May 7, 2008.

1. 7031 macrumors 6502

If it try to close my Macbook, it just springs back open again. I noticed this morning, but was busy and have only just checked it out, and it seems that the latch is stuck.

Any advice on how to fix it? I really don't want to have to send it back to Apple, I've already had the screen replaced (set me back £560).

UPDATE: Was able to fix it. To other people, you just need to push the latch in even further, then suck like mad until the obstruction comes out.

2. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

have you tried putting something magnetic near the latch to see if it sticks to the latch if it doesn't the magnets may have come loose

3. 7031 thread starter macrumors 6502

It does. The hooks do come down, however the button to release it is stuck in.

4. andrewduane macrumors newbie

Use a Vacuum

Not sure if anyone will see this since it's an old thread, but i just had this problem and came by this thread through a google search.
    My latches were popping down like they were supposed to, but the release button was stuck in. With the screen up, I just pushed the button in and vacuumed out the latch holes next to the button....... Took care of it in 2 seconds. Works great now!