MacBook Pro won't connect to internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VivaLaBrianna, Apr 4, 2011.

1. VivaLaBrianna macrumors newbie

I bought my MacBook Pro in May of 2010 and I've never had any problems connecting to the internet at my house. Last night, my charger wasn't working and my computer ended up dying completely. When I managed to get it turned back on, the date and time was incorrect and it made me re-enter my WEP password for my network. I reset the date and time manually and re-entered my WEP password multiple times correctly, but it keeps saying "Alert: No Internet Connection". I've restarted, turned Airport on and off, run network diagnostics, and moved System Preferences to my desktop and nothing has helped. It works on my school's network. Also, my HP desktop computer internet works fine and they are on the same network; usually, both of them will either be working or not working at the same time. I'm getting really frustrated. Help please?? :confused:

2. bigjobby macrumors 65816

3. VivaLaBrianna thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, multiple times...the home computer responds but my laptop doesn't.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you connect to your router directly with an ethernet cable do things work normally?

5. VivaLaBrianna thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't connect with an ethernet cable...I don't have one. We never used one.

6. VivaLaBrianna thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm gonna take it to the Apple store. I hope they can help....every other computer in the house works (my sisters have laptops too)

7. freddy-b macrumors regular

i have the exact same problem as you.. my mac... and my iphone.. cant connect to my home router.. ( it works with and ethernet cable) ever other computer in the house works fine:S so i am stuck using the Neighbor's internet.. which i can only use in the Living room, so i cant go into my room..

when i try to connect it says connection Timeout... :S

ive deleted these.. 3 files... in the system preferences.. and still... the same thing happens. :S