MacBook Pro Won't Connect to the Internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GStreakT, Jan 16, 2008.

1. GStreakT macrumors member

Hi hi. Okay, I've noticed this unusual behavior in my MacBook Pro (2.4 GhZ) just last night. It connects to the wireless network but will not load any webpages. If I type in www.google.com or so, it says Contacting "www.google.com" and it stays on it and the page remains blank. I'm writing this from my MacBook which seems to connect fine to this wireless network. The problem persists in the MacBook Pro when I'm on XP and when I'm on Leopard. I'ev restarted the machine and everything but it still occurs. Prior to me discovering the problem, I think the MacBook Pro was asleep for 2 days (in XP).

I've opened Network Diagnostics and it detects the wireless network and everything but then it says it needs a WEP password. But the MacBook can join this same network without a password. I access the university network (from a dorm) so while you don't have to have a password to connect to the internet, you only log in when you open an internet browser and then sign in with the student ID (but its not the WEP password, if that makes sense). Can anyone please help me? It's driving me nuts. Thanks!

2. GStreakT thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? Please help:( My MacBook's too old to be used for daily use and I must use the MacBook Pro instead.

3. GStreakT thread starter macrumors member

I just got the information that an Airport Update released by Apple has caused this problem?