MacBook Pro won't connect to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by camilaperezb, Jan 24, 2013.

1. camilaperezb macrumors newbie

Hi, I recently bought the cables in order to connect my 13" MacBook (10.7.5) to my Sony Bravia TV, but it won't seem to work properly. I have tried connecting it to both HDMI ports and even though the screen on my computer turns blue for a few seconds, the TV isn't displaying my desktop.

I tried playing around on the with the resolutions but nothing works! Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. kensic macrumors 6502

*riding on this thread.*

same problem. my MBP 15 screen turns blue for a sec. then back my desktop.

but the tv isn't doing anything, can't pick up any signal

help is appreciated.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

This may seem like a pain in the rear, but have you tried booting the computer up with the TV plugged in? Have you also tried turning the TV off then on again?

4. camilaperezb thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried both and nothing seems to work :( when i turn the TV off and back on again the blue screen stays on a little longer and sort of seems to "fade" (I can see my background with a blue-ish tint), but then it goes back to normal.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Have other laptops work, alternatively, have you tried another set of cables?

6. camilaperezb, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

camilaperezb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, my old MBP worked and with the same set of cables I'm using right now. I'm so so so close to giving up :( this seemed easier the last time I tried it.

----------

Also, this is the only thing that shows up on the "Display" option on my MacBook. I don't see the "Arrangement" tab that everyone seems to suggest I use.

http://i49.tinypic.com/66lvfb.png
    (I'm hoping the Spanish doesn't get too confusing)

7. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Where did you buy your adapter and what kind is it?

The last time this happened to me, it was my adapter that was faulty. I was switching macs at the time and thought it was an issue with the new Mac as I was getting the blue refresh screen and everything, but no pic and no arrangement tab, as you say.

I frustratingly tried every thing I could think of. After nothing was working, I tried setting it back up with the old Mac. Turns out I must have dropped it or something because it didn't work either.

I ordered another adapter just to be sure and sure enough that was it.