Macbook pro wont detect SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by km9898, Oct 26, 2011.

1. km9898 macrumors member

Hello everyone!

Ive just bought Vertex Agility 3 SSD and my Snow Leopard installation would not find my disc. I thought that it was any failure on it so i replaced it at my store with another disc. Same problem with the new one.

I have tested it on a PC and it seems to show my drive just fine. So i wonder, what is the problem here? Have i missed to install something..?

2. km9898 thread starter macrumors member

Yes i know it but i cant even see the disc in disc utility, therefore i cant format it..

3. neenja macrumors 6502

can you explain how youre accessing it? enclosure? did you install it internally?

4. km9898 thread starter macrumors member

Its installed internally. I have unmounted my HDD and inserted the cable and all screws back to the computer. When i insert my HDD back, it gives access to it directly.

5. neenja macrumors 6502

and this is the 2nd one? thats really odd.. is it possible to try it externally with an enclosure?

so when you boot up the system, you load your install disc then go to disc utils from the file menu?

6. km9898 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, this disc is the second one because my shop here replaced this disc when i said that osx doesnt find it. I dont know but, when i try it in my PC with another disc and run Windows 7, it seems to load the drives for the disc but disc is not shown in My Computer. When i try to install the disc alone and install Windows 7, it see's the disc but its very slow installation..

Yea i know this is very odd, i thought its maybe some installation steps before inserting it onto a mac. Because i dont see the drive at all in disc utility...