Macbook Pro wont find Mbox 2 Pro (Firewire)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by peterdavies, Jan 5, 2009.

1. peterdavies macrumors newbie

Hi, Hoping im not the only person having this problem. Im trying to connect an mBox2 Pro to a new Macbook Pro (late 2008) via a firewire 800 to 400 adapter but the MBP wont find the mbox2 Pro. im running OSX (10.5.5) on a 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067MHz MBP. Digi support recommend trying different adapters. Any ideas?

2. etiol macrumors newbie

You're not the only one!

I've recently bought a macbook pro 15' and i've got the same problem! I tried to connect my edirol FA101 to my MBP but impossible to use it instead there is the blue LED! I've seen in other forums other persons who have same problem with firewire port! Maybe the MBP have problems with firewire! i'll try with other periph in few days!

3. airkarol macrumors 6502

This is direct from digidesign's website:

Code:
    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Limited testing with Pro Tools HD, LE and M-Powered 7.4.2 with Mac OS X 10.5.5 shows reliability and performance is at or near parity with the same systems on Mac OS X 10.5.3 and 10.5.4. Pro Tools 8.0 will be fully qualified with Mac OS X 10.5.5.
    If you decide to upgrade your operating system to Mac OS X 10.5.5, the "Combo Update" installer linked below is the recommended method of updating your Mac OS from an earlier version of 10.5:

* Mac OS X 10.5.5 Combo Update

Updating your Mac OS using the built-in Software Update or smaller incremental "Delta Update" downloads may not install all required components, and is not recommended. If you have a new Mac that shipped with Mac OS X 10.5.5 already installed, you do not need to "downgrade" your operating system to a lower version.
    I'm currently running an MBox 2 Mini via USB on 10.5.6 with no issues though. Does it show up in system profiler?