Macbook Pro won't hold a wireless signal

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CMD is me, Sep 3, 2010.

1. CMD is me macrumors 6502

My Macbook Pro won't hold a wireless signal. I don't have another wireless signal to test, but have tested other devises which connect fine.

'07 model MBP core duo running OS4.11 + original Airport (hey it still works). The MBP will only stay connected now if my base station within 10' or so. It might connect 30' away, but looses the signal after loading a few pages online. It seems like its getting worse -- maybe not, but seems like it is. I can connect just find with my other MBP, iPod (streaming audio across the house, etc) and PS3.

Suggestions?

2. thecarrot macrumors member

Most likely your router can't handle that many connections, that would be my guess.

3. CMD is me thread starter macrumors 6502

Even if its just the MBP in question. And yes it can handle more than that. I've had over 5 devises connected. Only the MBP has issues.

4. thecarrot macrumors member

Perform a power cycle on your router/modem (Unplug for 10 minutes, plug back in). If this doesn't fix it proceed to put your MBP on a static IP, that will likely fix it for sure. If none of those work, reset your router to factory settings. If even that doesn't work, completely reset your MBP.

5. CMD is me thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you explain how to do that? Where do I find the Airports IP address? And will I need to change all other devises (ipods) to access the Airport?

6. DCBass macrumors 6502

Have you tried using other browsers? I found that Safari would often hang with me, and then cause my whole MBP to hang for about a minute.

Also, try resetting safari, that helped me as well and I do not have the problem anymore. I presume this has something to do with a plugin or cookie, not sure.

Good luck,

DCBass

7. CMD is me thread starter macrumors 6502

Can someone explain how to do that?