MacBook Pro won't print.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kyle1320, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

For a little while now, my MBP won't print wirelessly. It just sends it, then the window comes up and says it's not responding. I have restarted my computer, same thing. Prints just fine from other computers in the house. I even set up another printer to see if that's what the problem was. I have a 2011 13" i5 Pro running Lion 10.7.1. Any help?

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Connect the printer to your laptop via USB, and Lion should prompt you to download the appropriate software. Unplug the USB, restart and try again.

3. kyle1320, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

OSX says it has the drivers for the same exact printer series and all when I add the printer..

EDIT: Plus with the other one, it used to work then it didn't, maybe happened with the Lion upgrade

4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Can you print from your macbook pro through another mac something like 'print'-'nearby printers'?

I had a similar issue with the lion upgrade, I had to remove all my printers and scanners and then re-establish them through system preferences.

Every now and again I have to physically reconnect the USB from the printer to my old AirPort Extreme G base station, and that helps when it stalls.

5. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

I don't know what you mean in the first part. I have tried removing the printers and reconnecting them in System Preferences. They use built in Wi-Fi, but restarting the printers also does nothing.