MacBook Pro Won't recognize internal HDD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by re1dconn, Jan 20, 2013.

1. re1dconn macrumors newbie

Hey Everybody,

Looking for some help on a (probably) simple issue. The other day my MacBook Pro (early 2011) quit on me, and when I started back up, I got the flashing folder with a question mark, and the computer wouldn't recognize my internal hard drive.

However, when I connect my hard drive to USB via an external enclosure, the computer starts up and runs just fine.

Is this just an issue with the Hard Drive Cable? If so, where would you guys recommend I buy one of those? I'm in Toronto, Canada.

Thanks in advance

2. chinajon macrumors newbie

chinajon

Applejack

I don't know why it quit, but bad quit can crash the directory is many ways. Putting it into an external enclosure could let the Mac see it in a different way.
    Get Applejack. It can fix many strange issues. The folder icon with a question mark might just mean that a 'blessed' system folder can't be found.
    I am not sure what sin the drive performed by which it lost its blessing, but it is a repairable error. I don't think a system reinstall is necessary. A reinstall would create a blessed system folder though.

3. re1dconn thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay.... Thanks for the effort Chinajon.

Anybody who isn't a lunatic care to give a stab at helping me out?