MacBook Pro won't recognize USB or DVD. Need to install iOS on replacement hard drive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Countrycowboy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Countrycowboy macrumors newbie

Countrycowboy

I have a MacBook Pro that I received from a relative. He needed to retain the hard drive that was originally in it. So I replace the hard drive with one that I had already with Windows on it. I have no desire to use window, I just need to know what I should do to erase that hard drive and repartition with A Mac OS.

I downloaded a copy or sierra from my pic using Trans Mac once and Power IOS once. The System doesn't recognize theDVD disk nor does it recognize the USB stick.

How do I go about erasing this drive with the Mac? Every time I try to do an internet boot and recovery nothing happen and it goes on and tries to start the system using windows that's on the disk.

2. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

http://www.macworld.com/article/309...-a-bootable-macos-sierra-installer-drive.html

Super simple, but you do need another computer to be able to do it, obviously since your computer is completely blank and the HDD clearly wasn't replaced by Apple or it'd have the partition to restore.

So follow those directions and you're good. Since the drive wasn't replaced by Apple, you can still go in and they'll help, but they'll likely charge.