Macbook Pro wont run any start up utilities after reformat

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skouron, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Skouron macrumors newbie

Greetings, I have a MacBook Pro (came with osx 10.5.5) and I installed boot camp and then I installed a Windows 7 partition, I didn't want mac OS anymore so I deleted it..... now that isn't when my problem started, but later on I wanted to reformat my whole computer, and it proved difficult because MacBook's don't have a PC BIOS and I didn't know all the commands for the start up utilities at this point in time. So I downloaded a program that runs at the windows startup screen and then runs a partitioning program before windows fully starts. I deleted all partitions on my computer with it. I went to install my snow leopard disk not knowing that I needed my original disk that came with the MacBook. I would hold down C and the screen would go black, and it would say insert a bootable disk, and then press any key. Well I tried this for a while re-inserting my snow leopard disk. Also I tried holding the option key to install from USB flash drive but nothing would show up not even the HD. then I reset the PRAM and found out I needed to use the original disk that comes with the computer, I tried that after I reset the PRAM and it wouldn't even get the to black screen where it told me to insert bootable disk and press any key. So now after I tried using the 10.5.5 osx disc and it gives me the flashing ? folder for everything I try, disk utility, recovery mode, hardware test (yes I held D key and had applications disk in tray.), holding option key, holding C key, all just ends with the flashing ? folder. Could I have deleted the start up utilities on my computer when I reformatted? if so how can I re-install them if I can't get the computer to recognize anything? Any help would be great.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Boot to Recovery mode, erase the main partition. Reinstall OS. After you cheek all is well, restore from the latest TM backup.

If you don't want Mac OS, sell the Macbook and get an HP or other PC.

3. Skouron thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to boot to recovery mode, and it gives me the flashing ? folder. It states that in my post. Plus this is an older mac and I think it's going to be totally outdated soon and wont be able to run latest updates, thus why I want to run windows 7 also, it is easier to run windows on my mac than to buy a whole new PC, I don't have the money for that.