Just a feeler topic. For the first time in a while, I decided to use my MBP away from my desk. Every few days or so, I will unplug the mains from the machine to let the battery get some exercise and usually at least once a month, I will let it fully discharge and leave overnight, (as per instructions). I also take the battery out at times when I know I will be running off the mains for extended periods. I am already experiencing a few battery issues since my replacement was issued and need to contact Apple. When I unplugged the mains today though, something quite odd happened, the machine cut straight out. I pressed the power button several times, but every time the machine made the normal first few seconds of noise and then shut down. With the battery in and running off the mains, it says I'm fully charged, so no problems recognising it and it's only been a few days since I last ran off the battery. Does anyone think resetting the Power Management will do the trick, (which I was planning to do the next time I restart)? Has anyone else experienced this as of yet?