MacBook PRO won't shut down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AntonioM97, Jun 11, 2017.

1. AntonioM97 macrumors newbie

In the past months I've had the same problem with my Macbook PRO: it won't shut down.
    I tried a few things such as force quitting all the applications, putting to sleep and then shutting dowm, resetting smc, resetting nvram but nothing worked...
    Can please someone help me? Every time the only way to shut it down is by pressing on the power button.
    HELP ME!

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Any of these settings in Energy Saver preventing anything? Or are there updates that have failed or pending in App Store?

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 01.42.35.jpg

3. AntonioM97, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

AntonioM97 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the situation in the Energy Saver section (attached)
    And yeah there is an update but even if I do it it won't make any difference.
    @New_Mac_Smell

Attached Files:

4. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

It's unlikely but possible, try turning off wake for WiFi, then Power Nap and see if either of those make a difference. Something is clearly interfering and it's just a case of problem solving through every possible thing really. I'd recommend you call apple though as they'll have more ideas of what it could be (Although they may just ask you to reinstall macOS...).

5. AntonioM97 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just did what you suggested me and it worked. I'm not sure if this is just a case or not but at least I got the chance to shut down properly my Macbook Pro for the first time in months.
    I unflagged both the wake for WiFI and the Power Nap and I changed something in the PPPoE configuration (It was not on automatic)...
    Now I'm going to use my MacBook for some days without never shutting it off and then, in like a week, I will try again to shut it down and I will tell you if the problem persists.
    For now, thank you very much sir.
    @New_Mac_Smell