Macbook Pro won't start after 10.4.11 (the most current update)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by evisa, Nov 28, 2007.

1. evisa macrumors member

I'm getting the blue screen and about to have a heart attack.

I was downloading the firmware update when it said there was an error and it couldn't finish. It said the package was moved to the trash, where I went to delete it. The trash screen would not clear so I clicked on a few apps to see if the computer was frozen... the icons would jump once and not open. So I tried to restart it but it said it couldn't because the trash was clearing. So I tried a hard restart. But when I booted it up, it wouldn't start... I've been getting the blue screen for a while and shut it down, started it back up, got the screen, over and over and over...

First off, WHAT DO I DO TO GET IT TO BOOT UP AGAIN?
    Secondly, if I reinstall Mac OS X, am I going to lose all my documents and things? Because I don't have an external hard drive or backup system and ALL of my school notes are on this computer... if I lose it, I'm going to lose it.
    Third, I put in the Install Disc 1 and now I can't eject it.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

2. XBoy macrumors newbie

I got the same problem with MacBook

Hi! I know it's been a year, but how did You solve the problem?! Please help me out!!!

3. Jordz macrumors member

Jordz

Are you having the same problem?

edit: The Exact same problem? Have you put the install disk in?

4. XBoy macrumors newbie

No way to solve

Thanks for replay! Finaly I searched hours, and called some apple fans, but there where no solution with Mac CD or with out it :) I reinstalled it, and downloaded again all the components, but it did not work... So finaly I installed MS Windows on the hall HDD over the OS X, and installed Boot Camp on XP, it works fine, but no OS X...

BC.