MacBook Pro Won't Start After HDD SSD Upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kyle8874, Jan 4, 2015.

1. kyle8874 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro with no warranty i decided it would be a good idea to replace the Hard Drive with a SSD and replace optical drive with hdd that i had removed with a enclosure from OWC so when i was finished i went to turn on the MacBook Pro and nothing no battery indicator power button does nothing and when i plug in charger the LED on charger is dimly lit up green.

PLEASE HELP!!! i love my MacBook and don't want to see it die

Answers Greatly Appreciated

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you disconnected the battery while doing repairs, did you remember to connect it again? May sound stupid but, some people do forget that.

3. kyle8874 thread starter macrumors newbie

No Luckh

I did plug the battery back in one thing i realised is the battery connector was not all the way undone when i unplugged the hard drive may i have fried the logic board?

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It should be fine

all I can suggest ius open it up and check all your connections. It may be a SATA cable problem they are notoriously tempermantal and break easily...

5. andrewduff415 macrumors member

If you do take it in for apple to look at it, make sure to ask for a flat rate depot repair. This is the cheapest alternative opposed to paying 600 dollars for a logic board alone. The flat rate repair is 310 dollars, and fix everything in your computer. Plus you get a 90 day warranty after doing so.

6. kyle8874 thread starter macrumors newbie

As an update apple repaired the machine for $180 and it has been fine since it was repaired

7. MushroomMan macrumors member

MushroomMan

What part required fixing in the end?