Macbook Pro wont start, please help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ohh, May 17, 2011.

1. ohh macrumors newbie

I have googled for solution and few of them have tried but none of them worked.

Here is my problem:
    I cant start my macbook (mid 2010). When I press the power button, the apple logo appear as well as the spinning bar, for about two minutes a progress bar appeared (like boot from safe mode), however for a while the bar disappear and without loading any progress then for another while it turned off automatically.

I have tried to boot from mac install disk, after I pressed "c" while booting the apple logo appear but not the spinning bar, and then I am stuck at it. I can hear the disk stopped to load after about 15 mins and nothing happened after.
    I also tried to boot from the disk warrior but same situation happened, nothing happened even i placed it for about 30 mins

I have tried to boot at verbose mode and it said
    "Incorrect block count for file configd.pid"
    "invalid sibling link (1 instead of 0)"
    "rebuilding B-tree catalog"
    "The Macintosh HD could not be repaired"

Also "fsck_hfs -f /dev/disk0s2" in single user mode wont work as well:(

Any idea please?

2. montycat, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011

montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

My mid 2010 MBP had the same thing happen. The hard drive needed to be replaced. Im glad I had Apple Care and TimeMachine backups. Did you try an archive and install of your OS?

3. ohh thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mgriffin macrumors newbie

I'm having the same exact problem. I put a new hard drive in and it still won't boot. Tried firewire running in target mode used disk warrior and it did fix problems but it still won't boot.:mad:

5. sm.wilson macrumors member

As always, try to reset your PRAM and NVRAM, attempt to boot while holding down the ALT key, and finally, attempt booting from external drive, and selecting the startup disk.

cmd+option+P+R: hold it down at boot, listen for the boot chime 3 times to reset both PRAM and NVRAM.