Macbook Pro wont start up and when it does freezes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrssasssin, Aug 1, 2010.

1. mrssasssin macrumors newbie

Spec: 13 inch all aluminum MB pro purchased August 1st 09. Last software update was the 31st with new safari and inertial scrolling. Snow leopard of course .

I am going crazy...

Macbook was freezing quite a bit recently. Today it wouldn't start in regular mode or safe mode. Tried to reset ram (option-cmd-p-r) with no success. Reinstalled OS (which was a bitch because I lost the dvd and had to learn how to install it to boot from a flash drive without a mac to make the drive bootable).

After the reinstall the comp finally turns on and the freezing gets extremely bad again and I slowly get into the console (15 mins at least) and see that there are 3 launch agents smsdaemon, 1password, and mdworker taking an average of 80% of my cpu in total.

I did a hard restart and now I am bricked (wont startup regular or in safemode) again and I cant delete the launch agents when the os is loaded because its already in its little inifine launch-fail-relaunch loop causing it to freeze

what can I do?!?!?!

-All help would be heavily appreciated.

P.S I scheduled for Apple care but for some god-hates-me reason my Apple Care expired August 1st 2010. Thats right folks... 3 hours ago. Hope they take me tmrw....

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

As far as AppleCare goes, usually they are pretty good at doing repairs up to about two weeks after it expires. Of course it will vary from store to store. My friend had the logic board on his computer replaced by Apple and he was a week out of warranty. I wish you good luck, though.