MacBook Pro won't start up

sloom134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
Hello everyone, i'm new here and I hope you guys can help me with my problem.
My laptop is MacBook Pro Model No: A1278. It was working great till I restarted it then it won't start up. I did the COMMAND + R and repaired the disk and it says everything is OK, but it still won't start up. Here's a video of what's happening.
I have a lot of important data that I don't want 'em to be deleted. I don't have a back up too :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMpe0zNMRLU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

dan1eln1el5en

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
wow, never seen that before.

seems to be the GUI is not loading (like X11 on Linux)
disc repair didn't work you say ? what led up to the issue ? did you install something new and fancy ? you could do a re-install (not clean install) and hope that it will fix it. (hold down alt and chose the recovery partition)

sloom134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
wow, never seen that before.

seems to be the GUI is not loading (like X11 on Linux)
disc repair didn't work you say ? what led up to the issue ? did you install something new and fancy ? you could do a re-install (not clean install) and hope that it will fix it. (hold down alt and chose the recovery partition)
Yea disk repair didn't work. I installed Real Player then I restarted the computer then the issue came out. I cannot re-install, there's no enough space idk how I can delete items.

Last edited:

sloom134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
Thanks guys, I clicked on the shift when terning on and it worked good. I'm gonna back it up now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.