Macbook Pro won't stay connected to internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by colticus, Aug 20, 2015.

1. colticus macrumors newbie

I'm utilizing a Verizon mifi for Internet. I have my MacBook Pro connected to it wirelessly and then I have my time capsule connected to the computer via an Ethernet cable. I have internet sharing turned on and everything works. I connect all of my devices to the time capsule and even the switch I have connected to the time capsule works all over the house. I love it.

The problem I am having is a few hours of being connected the computer will disconnect from the mifi. I will have to go to the computer and manually reconnect it. I have tried a different computer with the same effect. Is there a setting or step that I am missing to cause this? I have googled and the only thing I could find is to uncheck the wake for network access box. But that didn't help.

2. brwnjonas macrumors newbie

sounds like an issue with the mifi, especially if it does the same thing on a different computer.

3. colticus thread starter macrumors newbie

You were correct.

I went into the advanced settings of the mifi and noticed that it set the dchp lease for 24 hours. I guess in my setup, once it did that I lost connection thru the time capsule.
    I changed it to 365 days and so far I haven't had a dropped connection.

Thanks again.