MacBook Pro - won't switch on

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by khudson, Jan 13, 2013.

1. khudson macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro 13.5 screen. Yesterday, something odd happened to it. I had picked up and flipped it over (it was switched on) and entered password etc. But then soon after, it sort of crashed and so I decided to power it off to resolve this and planned to restart.

However.... it now won't restart. When I click the power button, nothing happens at all.

Last night when I was investigating, the power socket was definitely charging - it was either on full green or amber. But now, light on the charger is a very dim green.

I have tried resetting the SMC. When I do this, it powers on briefly and goes to a white screen then immediately switches itself off again.

But yesterday, a few times when I did the SMC, the screen come to the white screen with an Apple logo and a timer a few times. Then it stopped.

I'm really confused and worried that if this MacBook has crashed, I've lost everything which wasn't backed up. Any suggestions or advice at all would be very welcome.

Thanks a lot,
    Kevin

2. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Take it into an Apple Store. They should be able to help you out.