Macbook Pro won't turn on but mac is charged

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jayg_ee, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Jayg_ee macrumors newbie

I installed a 1 Tb hard drive into my 2013 MacBook pro and it started up fine during the process of installing the default osx mountain lion from the recovery mode the mac shut down and now will not turn back on but my MagSafe charger is showing green as well as the battery indicator is full when the button on the left is pressed. I have seen the service battery indicator on my battery for a while before I installed the hard drive. does anyone know what this issue could be from? is a new battery the issue or could this be the logic board please help? I really need my MacBook but I'm stumped on a resolution!!!

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

The 2013 all came with proprietary connected solid state drives. Is this a pre retina SATA connected hdd (2012 model bought in 2013). If so it’s almost certainly the internal sata cable that needs replacing, they are very flaky they are $20 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...t=&hvlocphy=9045158&hvtargid=kwd-296057460840

If this is replacing a PCIe connected ssd in a 2013 then I am as stumped as you are but sounds Like it could be a dead drive.

3. Fishrrman, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Suggestion (if nothing else is working):
    Take the new drive OUT OF the MBPro, and put the old drive back in.
    Does this change anything?