macbook pro- wont turn on help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woto695, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Woto695 macrumors newbie

2008 mac-book pro, started having these warning screens come up by which it states that i have to turn off/ restart ( only option as no other controls work). These became more frequent until yesterday i turned it off as per warning to then restart but now it wont turn on at all.

All that happens now is that when press the power button the fans come on for about 5-10 seconds and then it just all abruptly turns off, the screen stays blank and there is also no start up sound either.

My only thoughts are that it may be a logic board failure? but tbh i dont really have a clue, any suggestions would be great thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Sounds like the dreaded nVidia 8600m video card issue. It is covered under warranty. Bring it back to Apple and they will replace the logic board for free.

4. Woto695 thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to mention that i have already had the ;dreaded nVidia 8600m video card failure before and they replaced it free of charge, However the symptons do not appear to be the same as my mac at the moment will not even start up, the fans simply turn on for couple of secs then the whole things just powers off again!

It is out of warranty :eek:, shall i just take it to an apple outlet and see if they can diagnose the fault ? other then that not really sure what else to do ?

thanks guys!