Macbook Pro wont turn on, probably battery problem, anyone confirm for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kimiko!123, Mar 30, 2008.

1. kimiko!123 macrumors newbie

hi everyone!

Sorry this is my first post, I really had to ask a question about my macbook pro as applecare are closed right now and im alittle worried! I left my MBP in sleep mode by mistake for a day or so and the battery completey drained, I've now come to charge the battery up again but it wont charge. When I plug in the power supply there is a green light on the magsafe connector which normally means its fully charged, but I know the battery has no charge left. When I press the little button on the battery to check the charge only one light comes on and it flashes, that means really low charge right? I've searched around abit and it seems alot of people have this problem and it means i may need a replacement battery, I just wanted to know if anyone else can confirm this as I cant get through to apple care! Just one more point, would it make any difference that I am trying to charge the battery with the 60 Watt MB charger rather than the 85 Watt MBP charger, my girlfreind has a macbook and the chargers look so alike I picked up the wrong one by mistake!

Cheers for your help guys!

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Re: Macbook Pro wont turn on, probably battery problem, anyone confirm for me?

You need to use the 85 Watt charger for the MBP as the battery needs more current to charge. I would also suggest reseting the SMC power control (remove charger, remove the battery, press and hold the power button on the MBP for 5 seconds, put the battery back in and connect the proper charger). After a few seconds, the magsafe connector should start glowing amber/orange color.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If the battery is completely discharged you need the MBP charger to start it up again.