Macbook pro won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mystickaitou, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Mystickaitou macrumors newbie

Hi

I got an early 2008 15 inch mbp (with removable battery). Some weeks ago I did a smart test for the HDD and it failed. Luckily I took backup of the data, because just recently the laptop when turned on gives a black screen and I can't do anything. I also have a failed battery, but I replaced that with an ebay battery I have been using up to the crash.

I was playing diablo 3 on the mac and then some white lines showed up on the screen, and the laptop didn't react on any buttons I pressed so I shut it down manually. But when I turned it on again the laptop just showed a black screen. I have even tried to connect the laptop to an external monitor, but nothing happens. Question is, what causes the problem?

The HDD? the battery? or has something happened with my graphic card?

2. Mystickaitou thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds very much like the problems I am experiencing, but damn the laptop just turned 4 years and a month old...

3. Mystickaitou thread starter macrumors newbie

Just called apple. Because its 1 month late they can't do anything about it. This really sucks. Such an expensive laptop delivered with faulty parts and no support.