Macbook Pro won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by janus5555, Jul 23, 2015.

1. janus5555 macrumors newbie

Hi, a friend has a Macbook Pro , probably the first aluminum model ever out (so I guess late 08 or early 09). The battery was for a long time at bad health but still functional and the charger connection, after almost five years of use, always needed some "special treatment" or at least some time to get the led colors correctly.
    Anyway, at this point, quite simply, the macbook won't turn on. The magsafe is blinking (although it requires some effort to see it) and the battery led indicator (only the first one) blinks after I remove the magsafe. I've tried a different functional magsafe with no luck.
    I've tried to disconnect/ reconnect the battery, again no luck. Connected to the magsafe and without the battery the battery leds would blink altogether for five times and the magsafe would keep blinking. I've tried pram and smc reset.
    I will also try with a different battery just in case but I believe this is a different issue.
    What else could I do to figure out what's causing the problem? Apparently I can get power but it won't reach the motherboard, how can I see if it's the logic board malfunctioning or the db-in board?
    Thank you for your time and comments :)

2. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

It most likely is the logic board that has failed because that's what caused my late-2013 rMBP from not turning on one day. Had to get it repaired by apple and sure enough, replacing the logic board fixed the problem.