Macbook Pro won't turn on.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redshft, Mar 19, 2009.

1. redshft macrumors member

I have a MB134LL/A, just got it brand new about two months ago...on inauguration day actually. It's been working fine up til yesterday.

I was doing some work on it, wireless, I noticed the batter power was running low so I saved my work and took it to my room to put it on the charger. Later last night, I open it up and it won't "wake up". The screen stays black. I hit the keyboard, move over the trackpad, turn on my wireless mouse...nothing. I close it and notice the little white light that blinks in sleep mode, is staying on when the book is closed. I open it back up and it flashes like it is sleeping. I try holding down the power button to see if it will turn off...still nothing.

I get frustrated and go to sleep because it was getting late.

Wake up today, go to class, come back, notice it is completely off. I open it up, hit the power button, nothing.

Does anybody have any info for me?

2. redshft thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so somehow the battery got dranied. I just plugged it in and it will turn on now. Can anyone explain the incident last night though?

3. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

When the Unibody MBP battery is about to die, the system goes into Safe Sleep mode, where it suspends to RAM (S3) but also writes the RAM contents to disk so it can fall back to Hiberante (S4) if the power fails completely. If this happens, it has no sleep light activity at all (light is off). Also, if it sleeps itself from a dying battery, it will refuse to resume until the battery has been recharged a little bit. You can't just plug in the charger and resume immediately.

Does this explain what happened?

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i have had this problem with my old iBook and the only thing that would fix it in both cases is to take the battery out, push the power button for ten seconds, put the battery back in and push the power button again. the clock and airport would always reset but that was no big deal.