MacBook Pro won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoClar, Oct 18, 2009.

1. JoClar macrumors newbie

Yesterday, I upgraded to iWork09 and today I cannot get my MacBookPro to turn on. I have tried all the recommended reboot methods but nothing seems to work. I suspect the new software is the culprit because at the end of the load, there was a message to say the disc could not complete because of 'damage'. The software worked fine but I noticed the notebook was running significantly slower and now, I cannot even turn on.

Can anyone help?

2. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Have you tried doing an SMC Reset? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

Can't see it being the SW stopping it from turning on, would understand if it's not booting but for no power would indicate that it's a HW fault, especially if the SMC reset doesn't work.

3. JoClar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for that. It did not work. Nor did the PRAM, SMC or

Thank you for that but it did not work. Nor did the PRAM, SMC or the other two recommended solutions on the Apple 'help' site.

Any other ideas, anyone?

John

4. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Is the light on your MagSafe connector?

If so then can rule out socket/fuse issues, and to use the industry term it's fubared. Have you got warranty? If so call Apple Care, definite hardware failure, probably the logic board.

5. annettemeili macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem, and the light on the connector doesn't turn on when I use the intended cord, but does when I use the one for my cousin's 13" Macbook. I recently had the video card replaced in my Pro because of the Nvida mess up (in mid-August, I believe), and for the past week it's just refused to turn on :[