Macbook pro won't wake up!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by swek0811, Dec 29, 2008.

1. swek0811 macrumors newbie

Ok, so i was watching a movie on my macbook pro and all of a sudden it went black. At first i thought it just lost power so i started charging it. It wouldn't start though. I then did a manual reboot. It didn't work. It turned on, but the screen remained black. The standby light blinks 3 times, every 5 seconds.

I looked around on the internet and some people seem to be having more or less the same problem, but their macs seem to start again (granted it only happened 30 minutes ago). Apparently its a bug in leopard (i just did the update yesterday).

My macbook is just over a year old, so just long enough that my warranty has expired. If anybody knows how to solve this, that would be great. Even reassurance that it is going to start again is good.

Thanks in advance.

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Did you try using the installation disk that comes with your MBP? Or maybe try taking out your ram or your battery and see what happens?

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is an odd issue. It sounds like your Mac is a bit confused, and thinks you're trying to update its firmware. A PRAM reset is worth a try. To do this:

Hold down Command+Option+P+R just after you hear the startup chime. Let it restart twice, then let go.

4. jamoctopus macrumors newbie

i'm about to buy a mac.
    does this happen frequently?
    [​IMG]