MacBook Pro - XP driver

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bananac, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Bananac macrumors member

Hello,

I am running Boot Camp on my Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz with Nvidia 8600m GT.
    I have to change nvidia driver because some software needs the lastest version. Current version is 167.xx...

When i try to install the new one it says "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware".

What i have to do???

Please help it is realy urgent.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It can't possibly be urgent.

Why do you need to change it at all? Are you having problems, or did Windows tell you that you should get the new one? If the latter is true, ignore it.

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I am going to hazard a guess it's for a game - and not to get the game to run, but to get it to run better.

It has been my experience that nVidia seldom updates their mobile drivers (usually only when a new GPU comes out), as opposed to the desktop line which receives constant driver updates.

Visit www.laptopvideo2go.com. They modify the inf file for the desktop driver to allow it to be installed on the mobile GPU platforms.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Essentially everything in the bootcamp package is custom built. I don't think you can go to realtek's website and grab MBP specific drivers, broadcom drivers , etc. Any updates you can get will be done through the OS X looking software update application (in windows xp) for your specific hardware.