Macbook Pro Yellowish Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bc615, Mar 22, 2012.

1. bc615 macrumors newbie

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi, I recently bought my first mac (MBP 13" Late 2011) directly from amazon and I just got it today. I noticed that the screen has kind of a yellow-tint to it and the blacks of the display are really black.. like there's too much contrast. Is this normal? Will this go away?

I contacted amazon online and the person said I didn't receive any defective item and they will refund me $17 back because of the issue...

What should I do?
  2. simsaladimbamba

Nov 28, 2010
    Have you tried calibrating your screen via System Preferences > Displays > Color or tried a different colour profile?
  3. bc615 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 20, 2012
    I tried but none of them really look right..
  4. MatLane macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2008
    England, United Kingdom
    Give that a go if not i would return it. I have also had a friend purchase a Macbook Pro from Amazon UK store which seemed to have a screen issue. The screen was flickering, displaying unusual colours and acting strangely

im not too sure why this is. I think he in the end messed with settings and it was fine
  5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

Aug 1, 2009
    Just exchange it. Amazon is very easy to deal with for returns and exchanges.

Also, they offered you a $17 refund for this issue ? Must've been a cheap rep :p Usually it's more along the lines of 10-15% of the purchase price ;)
  6. Kafka macrumors 6502

Mar 10, 2011
    I don't know how long amazon allows you to keep a mac before returning it, but wait as long as possible, the yellow will probably disappear.
    This happened to me on 2 different MBP.