Macbook Pro Zip-less Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ajdb9, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ajdb9 macrumors member

Hi

I've just bought an over-the-shoulder bag that is laptop-capable but doesn't have a really dedicated sleeve as such.

I was wondering if any of you knew of a (probably neoprene) sleeve for the 15" uMBP that does not have zips? i.e. just slides in and out.

I've checked the New Zealand Online Apple Store, and also our main reseller Magnum Mac (now Yoobee online - what a ridiculous name right?)

Thanks heaps!

Xander

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

3. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

4. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Here is one sleeve that is fleece lined and available in many designs - http://foofshop.com/

I dont have one but I have a Tucano Second Skin and I love it...

and TheFarmer, please stop spamming threads with your useless posts.

5. spcedog macrumors newbie

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

7. ShinyDren macrumors member

ShinyDren

I agree with spcedog, Contour Design's sleeves are nice. I got the rE-versible Sleeve, and it has worked great. The flap folds over to securely hold the computer when you want. :cool:

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/69

Not sure how easy it would be to get in New Zealand, but maybe other stores or sites would work?

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Zipper or not, you want to try to get a sleeve which fits tightly around the computer. If it isn't a zipper, you are talking Velcro, binding, clip, button, snap, etc. The reason for this is that having a shock absorbing material fitting on the MBP will add to its already impressive durability. Furthermore, if you drop it or hit it hard, physical damage to the case can be completely avoided in many cases (no pun intended). Also, it prevents scratches which is a plus as well :)

9. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

10. Acronyc macrumors 6502

I have this sleeve (in gray) for my 15" rMBP. It is indeed nice and slim, however it's a bit tight and even after six months of usage it requires some effort to take the laptop in and out of the sleeve. I've found this to be a little annoying. It also doesn't provide any major protection. I use it when I take my rMBP in my messenger bag with a dedicated notebook computer compartment, but for everything else I have a different sleeve that provides some more protection.

11. jayrammac macrumors newbie

I assume the OP did not want a zipper because of the risk of scratches to the case when inserting or taking out the computer from the sleeve...

I am worried about that too - just deciding on the right sleeve.. (though I did actually go an buy a zipped one, the grey Cote&Ciel from the Apple Store!... but be returning that)

12. macstatic, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

macstatic macrumors 6502a

Same worries here, hence the demand for a zipper-free sleeve for my newly purchased Macbook Pro 13" (non retina).
    With my previous laptop (a Powerbook G4) I used a RadSleevz from RadTech
    [​IMG]

It worked great except it doesn't cover the rear (or front, depending on which way you insert) of the computer as you can see from the photo. It really should have a flap at that end (which you tuck in towards the top/bottom of the computer, thereby protecting every side of it). Is something like that available?

To further enhance that solution would be a similar sleeve made of neoprene which would, in addition to protect from scratches, also give some shock protection. Again, without a zipper.
    Does anyone know of such a product?

13. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

This is the sleeve I use. It's expensive, but the fact that you can customize it to your taste is really nice. The craftsmanship is excellent, too.

As soon as my current laptop/work bag wears out, I intend to buy one of their messenger bags as well.

14. macstatic macrumors 6502a

That's one awesome sleeve you've got there saturnotaku, this one in particular caught my attention:
    [​IMG]

No zippers and a velcro-flap.
    The only thing missing is having it made from shock-proof neoprene and I'd buy it right away (although 60 bucks + shipping is a bit steep IMHO).