Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zmsakarya, Apr 3, 2011.

1. zmsakarya macrumors member

zmsakarya

Hello My Friends,
    I am very closed to buy a second hand macbook pro (my white mac 2.16ghz can't get efficient to my work). I find one as below
    Core2duo 2.5ghz Geforce8600gt 512mb 15" 4 gb ram (grey keyboard buttoned)
    Everything is good, i think that machine has more more performance (am i right?) than my white macbook (even if it is 1,5 years older than my mac). But when i asked my friends in Turkey, they said that geforce8600gt is very old graphic card and it is famous with getting out of hand ('break down' i am not sure about the word sorry). The man that i want to buy this from says i haven't any problem until i buy it. i am confused about that can you help me please?
    i must decide it until tomorrow

2. brentsg macrumors 68030

No way would I upgrade to that from where you are. The performance increase will be negligible from what you already have.

3. zmsakarya thread starter macrumors member

zmsakarya

Thank you so much dear my friend, i supposed that i will have a big power. Then i must try to save much more money (in Turkey even if second hand macbook's are so expensive :)).

4. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

I have to agree with this. I think if you upgrade, you're not going to see a considerable increase in power.

I wish I knew more about the value of MacBook Pros in Turkey, but have you considered selling your current MacBook and putting that money toward a new one?

By the way, greetings from Texas. One thing I like about MacRumors is being able to connect with new friends from all over the world.

5. Cynth macrumors newbie

Be careful

I do not like the 8600gt. I had to have my logic board replaced because of it. It is frequently defective and apple will replace this card for free if it does break, however I do not know if you will have access to an authorized repair center...

6. zmsakarya thread starter macrumors member

zmsakarya

This suggestion is so good dear friend. Here many people preference to buy their mac's from america. This is our authorised apple distributor in Turkey as you see, this Macbook Pro is about 3.000 dolar and you can see the version :). I decide to sell mine and save a little much than i can buy really o good one :)
    Thank you dear Cynth. After all suggestions that you gave, I won't buy this Mac with gt graphic card.

7. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

What about your white macbook isn't efficient for your work? Maybe just a new hard drive and some more RAM will make it feel like a new computer! For under US$200 you can give your macbook a new lease on life! I don't know how accessible computer parts are available in Turkey....

8. zmsakarya thread starter macrumors member

zmsakarya

That's right, i upgrade it to 4gb Ram and 7200 rpm hdd, but i think graphic card is weak for my work, otherwise i may prefer to buy a ssd hdd. This macbook (13") is mostly efficient. But after i use Macbook Pro i7 17" for a month, it is really different. After that, 15" and a bit more powerful (espacially in indesign) can be good. I'm working with 2233sn Samsung 21.5" at my office, but when i come to home nı-nııı 13" motinor. Although this is the other effect. You know human wants everything, when i start to work on a interactive magazine's i need at least 15" everwhere :) And in Turkey everything is accesible but thay are expensive, because of that mac user's mostly preference to buy piece's from Usa or other Europe countries. Thanks dear Gr80Likes2Boogi...