Price Advice Macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by COMPUTERLOVER, Sep 5, 2012.

1. COMPUTERLOVER macrumors newbie

Hi i bought a macbook pro from John lewis 8 months ago. I bought it for gaming but its not really a gaming computer. I want to get a refund or most of my money back. How can this be done ????

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

You could sell it. I think thats your only option.

Pretty sure they won't let you refund it for those reasons.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Unfortunately you're not going to be able to get a refund, your best bet is to try to sell it on eBay, Craigslist, or some other way.

4. Arizor macrumors member

Sell it on ebay. Or install bootcamp and play games on Windows 7, that's how I use my 2011 macbook and it runs every game I throw at it beautifully.

5. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Deffinately not a refund after owning it for 8 months.

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

If you read John Lewis's T&C's it states there is no time limit for returns.

But I doubt you will get a cash refund.

Probably store credit.

7. 725032 Guest

I know john lewis quite well.

They wont return after 8 weeks, let alone 8 months... Not even for store credit.

Ebay it

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

???

9. COMPUTERLOVER thread starter macrumors newbie

Macbook ppo

How much should i sell it for? Its in good condition. Whats the best website to sell it on?
    thanks

----------

I phoned john lewis up and they said i could not return it because its already been opened
    thanks anyway

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

Craigslist and eBay are two of the most-frequently mentioned venues for selling.

11. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

i just did mac2sell just for kicks and its telling me that my MBP is worth $1400 but i only paid $1100. is this because of the upgrades i did?

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Quite likely.

13. macuser1232 macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

I also made an upgrade on my MBP and I got a smaller price amount on my Mac then what I bought it for.

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Even Apple only gives you a couple weeks, and their return policy is quite lenient. It's just too great of a potential loss for any retail store to absorb.

This isn't something uncommon. No store is going to accept a return on an 8 month old computer. Specs and pricing change, and they wouldn't be able to sell it as new at that point.