MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nusc, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Nusc macrumors newbie

Hey all. I'm interested in buying a MacBook Pro:
    MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz
    Part Number: Z0EB
    Accessory Kit
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
    2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    120GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

Which is $2199 but I'm a student so that should be $1999. Is there a better place to buy it other than Apple themselves?

Should I get that 3-year warrantee?

2. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Yes, get the warranty. It is very, very worth it.

3. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

In the UK, the AppleCare for us students is only £59 (about $120), so if the price is similar for you, then I would definately buy it...if nothing more, it offers you some peace of mind and will make the Macbook Pro easier to sell if you choose to a couple of years down the line as you could sell it with a year's warranty on it.

4. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

WAIT!!!!!! DO NOT BUY, new MBPs are coming out in less than 30 hours!!! :eek::eek::eek:

5. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

No, but it from Apple. With your student discount but factoring in sales tax you are the same price as if you went to Mac Zone or someplace similar.

Get the warranty but understand that the warranty does not cover, accidents, abuse, water damage etc.

There are updates coming out to the MacBook Pros in a day but I do not expect them to be earth-shattering by any means.

I could be way wrong, but I do not predict a case redesign.

The MBP's have been selling well and I expect apple to maintain the current case as they did with the Mac Pros.

6. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

you can usually get applecare a lot cheaper from eBay, look around there before you purchase

7. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

Between you and me, I would wait a day longer before you buy it. Macworld is tomorrow, and they will more likely than not release new mbps.

8. Kalison macrumors member

Yeah, wait one more day... however I don't think we are really going to see a huge change in the current MBP line... however if ultra portable sounds like something you want... chances are they will be unveiling a new compact macbook pro.

9. mazdaspeedjoel macrumors member

I just saw an Apple Care plan for sale on eBay, but I don't know if I should trust it? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a year to put the plan on?

10. Kalison macrumors member

Yes you do.

From what I was told (and I could be wrong here), if you activate your apple care on the first day of purchase, it eats one of the two years it would otherwise add on. Ex. the standard one year overlaps one year of the apple care plan.