macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by enddes, May 29, 2008.

1. enddes macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a mac book pro 17" and for some reason everything is dark. For instance, when I open a photo & turn the brightness all the way up - it is still very dark. I went into system preferances and tried playing around with that to help lighten up the screen. However, nothing really seems to work. Any ideas?

2. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

Does this occur during the boot up sequence (Apple logo and progress bar), or just while you are at the Desktop? Does it occur if you make a new account and go into that?

It could be a hardware fault or the gamma settings for your LCD may be corrupted. Try going into the Display pane of your System Preferences. Go to the "Color" tab. Try out one of the different Color profiles. If that doesn't work, press "Calibrate". Go through the calibration, increasing gamma and using the expert mode if necessary. You may need to take your time and do it properly.

If these things don't work, it sounds like it is a hardware failure in the LCD. You'll need to call Apple, take it to an Apple store, or take it to an authorized Apple repair center.