Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wallerbk, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wallerbk macrumors newbie

I have a 15inch Macbook Pro with the Core i5 and 256gb SSD. WHen I try to shut the machine down, it hangs on the blue screen and spinning circle, and I have to hold the power button down to turn it off.

Also, I have an Apple Cinema Display and use it with the Macbook but only the monitor (mirrored display, then close the macbook lid). When I unplug the monitor and open the Macbook, it wont come back up, I have to turn it off then back on. Any assistance would be great.

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Don't know why that is happening, but try holding the control-option-command buttons down and hitting the eject button to shut off your MBP. see if that helps.:confused:

3. Hankcah macrumors regular

So this spins everytime you shut it down. Have you tried running any repair disks?

Also, just curious, if you mirror your MBP to ur display, please tell me you have the MBP lid closed, right?

4. wallerbk thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not tried running a repair yet. I was waiting on a free moment to do that.

Yes, I close the lid. :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How long do you wait before you force it off? Its obviously trying to do something prior to shutdown, what is the question.

6. wallerbk thread starter macrumors newbie