Macbook PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by divamc50, Oct 27, 2011.

1. divamc50 macrumors newbie

Unhappy virus?
    Hi. My daughter has a Macbook. Recently, when she tried to start it, we got several questionable screens. ( please see attachments). I've gotten help from my brother-in-law, who can usually help me with these things.
    We tried the re-boot,(opt.,control, P, and...oh...i forget), and also start while holding the"c" key down. I keep getting the same screen.
    Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
    She really needs her computer asap for homework, and I'm hoping I don't have to spend an arm and a leg to fix this!

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

That is a KERNEL PANIC.
    About "You need to restart your computer" (kernel panic) messages
    Resolving Kernel Panics
    Mac OS X: How to log a kernel panic
    [​IMG]
    Do you still have warranty?

Btw, holding down "C" during booting forces to boot from a bootable medium inside the optical disk drive (ODD).

There are currently no viruses for Mac OS X in public circulation, only a handful of trojans and other malware, which have to be installed manually via entering the administrator password.
    The only anti-virus you need to protect your Mac is education and common sense.
    Also know, that the term "virus" is often used to refer to other kinds of malware, but there are differences, which you can find out by reading the following:

Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios

3. divamc50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have the warranty...I don't think...we bought it used 2 years ago. I have the start up disc inserted....what should I try next? The links you sent... should I try those first? Thanks!

4. simsaladimbamba

Try to boot from the DVD and see what happens.
    Also have a look at the links I posted, as I posted them for that reason.

5. divamc50 thread starter macrumors newbie