Macbook problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by broskey, Aug 29, 2009.

1. broskey macrumors newbie

Well first off, I am not good with macs at all...and I have messed up my brothers computer :mad:

The problem- My brothers laptop is a black macbook, and I was using it to surf the internet and whatnot this morning. The internet was'nt working very good so I decided to restart. I tapped the powerbutton which brought up the options. I clicked Restart and thats where the problems began. The computer began to restart, but as it came up it would go through the white screen ( apple symbol and circle) and then would contine to a blue screen. It then just gets stuck on the blue screen and wont go anywhere. The mouse is also sometimes visable. I have tried taking the battery out and whatnot.

PLEASE HELP...Taking all suggestions thanks alot.

2. msevild macrumors regular

Link doesn't appear to work, and looking at the title of the link, sounds like it would point to a bad hard drive article. The blue screen is not always indicative of hard drive failure. Sometimes system caches or user caches can cause that issue as well. Easiest thing I can suggest without knowing anything else would be to use your install discs to do an Archive and Install of your operating system. That or bring it to an Apple Store to have it done.

3. dandaman2 macrumors regular

Yeah, I had a "blue screen" (isn't that a windows term?) on my alumibook earlier this summer. A good archive/install did it for me. I forget exactly which option I checked (this was on the Leopard disk) but I was able to import all my data and settings... a few software updates and I was up and running once again