macbook problems since update!?!>!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CBillups1, Aug 21, 2009.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

every since the latest OS update from like a week or two ago my macbook has been acting up. My firefox takes a very long time to close and most of the time i have to force quit.

When i click sleep my mac takes seriously 5 minutes to go to sleep. so basically everytime i just have to close the lid which i hate doing.

whats going on? how do i fix this?

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

How much free space do you have on your HD?

Restart lately?

How many programs do you have running when it's taking "5 minutes" to go to sleep?
    When your Mac goes to sleep it first writes information to your hard disk regarding the programs you have open. So, If your running low on disk space or have a lot of programs open that could be the cause of your sleep problem.

If you do Time Machine you could always restore to before 10.5.8 to see if the problem still exsits but I really doubt the problem has anything to do with the update.

Also, you do know you don't have to sit and wait for the computer to go to sleep right? You could just click "sleep" then walk away!? :rolleyes:

3. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i quit out of all my programs before going to sleep so i never have any running.