Macbook problems!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by woocoo, Mar 13, 2018.

1. woocoo macrumors newbie

Hey all I have 2015 macbook pro 2.5 ghz with 16 gb ram.

I tend to run 1 screen off the hdmi and one from a thunderbolt whilst using the macs screen.

I use facebook live, OBS, and apps like appear in (video calls) and skype. I basically have a consultation business and have to speak to a lot of people and use a lot of video (but not much editing!)

The problem I am having is whilst on skype the lag is un bearable, I can be out of sync by 5 -10 second at times (same with appear in and facebook live) where Il be talking and the video catches up 5 seconds later)

On facebook lives and appear in it can literally bring my whole computer to a stand still.

Had the macbook about 2 years.

I have tried everything from geekbench runs, different browsers and so on and pretty much had enough of trying to figure out whats causing it.

I use an external and the face time cam with the same results.

The cpu can be at 1000% ++ and bring s the entire laptop to a stand still (not good as I need to work on these calls).

No idea what the problem could be. the kernel task is the culprit and I have tried cleaning everything, different browsers and so on.

The graphics card is never really phased and the ram usually has a good chunk spare (never noticed it go much past 12gb). Ive reset smc and so on but the same problem over and over.

Any one have any ideas or is it time for a new Mac?

2. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502

You don't need to replace your MBP for Skype ;) Skype runs fine on my 2011 MBP.

It's a software issue. A Google search revealed a few users have similar issues.

You can try to clear Skype's cache: open ~/Library/Caches/com.skype.skype. It seems to have fixed it for some.

3. Marc_S macrumors member

Marc_S