Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your macbook Issues?

• Total voters

arcane

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2007
I've had a white core duo for a year. Run it for 7 or 8 hours nearly every day and never had a single problem (knock on wood).

sycobreaker

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
i've had my macbook for nearly a year now, and i've had quite severe discoloration and also constant screen flickering recently. the discoloration i could handle, i just got a macstyles skin to hide it (i don't have time to part with my computer and the service here in australia is atrocious), but i can't stand the screen flickering anymore.
I guess it serves me right for buying a first gen laptop. Otherwise, i wouldnt exchange this little white beast for anything! except maybe a Mac Pro with four apple displays...... ahhh.....

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
I just got a MacBook after using a G4 PowerBook for the last 3 years. I have had zero problems with the MacBook so far, but one small annoyance. The fans are the MacBook are insanely loud compared to my PB. Not really a problem, just something to get used to.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I've had

Yellow case
Random shutdown
Dead battery

and now

crack in case where the screen protector touches it

go :apple: !

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
I've had

Yellow case
Random shutdown
Dead battery

and now

crack in case where the screen protector touches it

go :apple: !

I have had 4, none were replacements, all bought out right.....I went to vista and bought a cheap HP laptop 499.00 and i must say the build is much better then my macbooks,,, I still love my macs.....but Vista is awesome! The batt is much better then in my macbook lasts longer and is cooler, and they fans are silent....

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
This a great poll btw...

I'm very interested in peoples issues with their current macs.

edit: Sorry bout your bad luck cyber, it sucks gettin a rotten apple.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
This a great poll btw...

I'm very interested in peoples issues with their current macs.

edit: Sorry bout your bad luck cyber, it sucks gettin a rotten apple.

Funny i am still on the MR site..LOL waiting for the right time to buy a macbook pro, need the keyboard lighting and i hope it goes LED..... for now Vista is great....but still a Apple Girl :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.