Macbook problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edward1027, Feb 13, 2008.

1. edward1027 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I have a couple questins and was hoping if someone had an answer to any of them. My mac book is two months old and yesterday when i was charging it noticed that the power adapter was making a loud crackling buzzin noise and was wondering if that was normal? Also i hear a low buzzing noise from the lcd or part of the keyboard, i dont think its the hard drive because i know what a hard drive sounds like and this noise is constant.

Thanks
    Edward

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

sounds to me like you have a power issue they are not normal noices have you tried just simply cleaning the power adaptor seeing if there is anything in it

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

4. edward1027 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hw would i go about cleaning the power adapter? So i take it that any type of a low buzzing isn't a normal sound for the macbook in exception for the hard drive processing noise and fans?

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

yeah i had my macbook for a year now never made that noise

umm just ring apple care easiest thing todo

6. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

7. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

The low buzzing sound is normal, but it sounds to me like your MagSafe power adapter is shorting out. When you unplug your MacBook, do you yank on the MagSafe cord?

As I've recommend many times before, instead of yanking on the cord, you can push up or down in the actual connector and that will allow you to unplug it much more easily.