Macbook problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Rdrnatn24, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Rdrnatn24 macrumors newbie

I am having weird problems with my macbook, i think most are related to sleep. First, my macbook will come out of sleep for no apparent reason. Also sometimes after i intentionally awake from sleep, some things won't work. For example, when i move my cursor over the launcher on the bottom, the icons don't magnify. This has the same effect on the toolbars at the top. When I move my cursor over the different menus, they don't get highlighted. There have been a few times where the cursor is replaced with a rectangle of dots. A reboot fixes all these problems, but nothing else. Anyone know what the problem is?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you show us a screenshot of the rectangle with dots? Do you have any theme changers or system hacks installed on this machine? What peripherals (if any) are plugged in? What apps are running? :)

3. Rdrnatn24 thread starter macrumors newbie

If it happens again i will, but I can't replicate any of these problems. As far as peripherals, external hard drive and bluetooth mouse. Apps, mostly just stock and vmware for xp. It has happened when nothing is plugged in as well. I also noticed if i click on a text box, the arrow doesn't return when i move the cursor out of the text box. I have to click again for it to return.
    EDIT: no hacks or themes either

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm... Well next time it happens try to note what you were using, what was connected and try to get a screenshot too. Is the machine otherwise behaving normally?

5. steinlager macrumors regular