macbook problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by windowsblowsass, Apr 30, 2008.

1. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

ok so i have a white c2d macbook and the top case blows hard. a strip began to crack near the bottom of the right wrist rest and eventually came off the same is now happening along the left hand side. also now hte opticla drive has taken a ****, it wont load any cds. but heres the issue a accidently dropped it (backpack not zippered the whole way :( and there is a nick in the left corner, i dont expect this to be repaired but will it void my warranty?]

these issues appeared before the drop so its unrelated, i really cant send it in for at least a week (finals)

2. windowpain macrumors 6502a

They might repair it, the case cracking is a known issue and a lot of people on this board have had theirs fixed for free. (do a search you'll find loads of threads on the subject.)
    They might repair it on the spot, depends on where you live/ take it.

A word of advice though, DON'T tell them you have dropped it. They will/might claim that any damage was caused by the drop and therefore they don't need to repair it.

3. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a

i can deal with the case its the dvd drive im pissed about, it was screwed up b4 anyhting happened.
    i should have sent it in, but i really need it for school