MacBook Pro's (and the different chips)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mugs, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Mugs macrumors regular

hey i would really like a new MacBook Pro when the penryn ones come out, BUT i am willing to wait for a fair bit longer as i have no desperate need for it! So I am just wondering what the one after Penryn will be because iv heard Montevina mentioned and also Nehalem!!! Which 1 is it and also could someone explain the main differences between them and when would quad cores be in the MacBook Pros? I know its a lot of questions but I am very interested in this. Thanks a lot.

2. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

also in the september update(or wheneva the nearest update is to then) will they have the 8800m graphics card or is there something planned which will be a lot better.

3. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

is anyone able to give any help? I no im pushing you but I would really like to know b4 tomorrow because im trying to convince a very nerdy guy at my school that macs ARE better than winbloze!!!! Thankyou

4. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

It is highly unlikely that just talk will convince someone who is apparently already against macs of this. haha. Really just let him think what he thinks I really doubt you'll be able to change his mind, especially with the limited knowledge you seem to have on the subject and the fact that he is 'very nerdy'.

I'm not an expert on the situation but if you browse around on the forums you'll read all kinds of things you're looking for the answer to.

:cool:

5. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

And how would knowing the roadmap for upcoming MBP processors help you in a OSX vs. Windows debate?

6. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

yer i no, bt its just that the things i wud like to know are all dotted all round the place! And I know I wont be able to talk him out of what he thinks but I would like to be able to at least have a good conversation with him, because he's a nice guy. I do know a fair amount about the chips and computers, I just don't know the main differences between the upcoming processors! And I just wanted to become a bit more knowledgeable! hehe

7. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

well it doesnt directly but he has a very set mentality that macs must use ancient crap processors and I wanted to prove him wrong! I also just wanted to know for my own benefit because I will probs buy a macbook pro in september and i was interested as to what MIGHT be in it! Soz if i seemed a bit dumb.