MacBook Pro's gone full retard. It never goes full retard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TonyBaloney, Jul 16, 2013.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

Hey all, I have a 2009 13" MacBook Pro 2.26 that is behaving bad. I recently replaced the hard drive thinking that it could no longer be readable giving bad symptoms such as not being able to download anything from safari or the app store. And most pages in Safari could not be loaded saying "Not connected to internet" even though I could see some other pages. Also it wouldnt boot sometimes among a couple of other things. Now my new drive is doing the same thing!! Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Not likely your hard drive at all. Sounds more like a bad airport wifi card to me! Can you access the web all the time or does it just go out sometimes? Maybe its just your internet connection/router.

3. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Not booting is the big symptom. The other stuff is likely not too helpful at this point. I don't know enough to say what it is, but it could be something simple like the SATA cable between the hard drive and logic board. Have you run Apple Hardware Test? Use the disc that came with the computer and start up holding the D-key.

Edit: If it is the SATA cable, it won't show up on the Apple Hardware Test, but things like memory and logic board would show up.

4. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

+1
    Gotta get better at reading forum posts... skimmed over and then completely forgot the boot problems :D

5. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah booting sometimes is weird. It takes a few minutes to do any particular action (get a beachball everytime you click something even though it is fresh install and 5gb of ram) spot light doesn't search anything to name a few other things. All this even in safe boot

6. Binomio macrumors member

Sounds like the SATA cable is bad, this is a very common problem with this model.